Imagine celebrating your special day at Daly House Museum! We are now offering a variety of Birthday Party packages for you to choose from.
Costs: $100.00 Members or $125.00 Non-Members (minimum 5 children/ maximum 10 children)
$25.00 paid in advance to reserve the date. The remaining fee paid on the date of the party.
Fees includes two adults free of charge. Any additional adults are $6.00 each.
Duration: Two hours
Contact us at 204-727-1722 or email@example.com to book your party.
Party Packages: Choose One
Ages: 5 to 99
Step back in time to enjoy a Garden Party in the Museum’s Victorian Garden. Children of all ages will enjoy playing lawn games, participating in a garden scavenger hunt and learning about the Victorian meaning of flowers. Guest will explore the Museum with a costumed interpreter followed by tea in Museum’s vintage tea cups, lunch, cake, and presents in the garden gazebos (weather permitting).
A Day in the Life
Ages: 5 to 12 years
Daly House Museum was built in 1882 for Brandon’s first Mayor, Thomas Mayne Daly II and his family. Learn what it was like to live in Brandon during the Victorian era when Thomas Daly and his family lived in the house. Guests will enjoy exploring the historic home dressed up in the Museum’s children ‘s pinafores (optional) and participate in a variety of activities that children would have done in the 1880s; including parlor games and making a Victorian inspired craft. The craft will be followed by tea served in the Museum’s vintage tea cups, lunch, cake and gifts in the dining room.
Day in the Life Birthday Party Crafts: Choose One
- Moustaches (suggested age: 5 to 12 years) – make your own handlebar moustache like a Victorian gent.
- Tussie Mussie (suggested age: 5 to 8 years) – tiny floral bouquets that were popular for ladies in the 1880s
- Punch Tin craft (suggested age: 8 to 12 years) – make your own punched tin artwork
- Fascinators (suggested age: 8 to 12 years) – these decorative accessories make a beautiful accent to your tea party outfit.
Teddy Bear Picnic (Seasonal)
Ages: 5 to 7
Its picnic day for the teddy bears at Daly House Museum! Bring a bear and step back in time with a Teddy Bear Picnic in the Victorian Garden. Guests will take a tour of the historic home with a costumed interpreter and find hidden bears in the Museum. Guests will play an old fashioned game and make a bear craft to take home. The craft will be followed by tea served in the Museum’s vintage tea cups, lunch, cake and presents in the garden gazebo (weather permitting).
Victorian Tea Party
Put on your Sunday best and attend a Victorian Tea Party at Daly House Museum. Enjoy a tour of the historic house with a costumed interpreter. Brush up on your table manners while you enjoy tea served in the Museum’s vintage tea cups and homemade cookies in the dining room. As a final touch guests will learn the history of calling cards and use a pen nib and ink to create one to present at your next visit. Guests will enjoy lunch, cake and gift opening in the dining room.
You Will Need To Bring:
- Food, Snacks, Drinks and Cake
- Coolers For your Food If Necessary
- Decorations (Please note, nothing can be affixed to the walls)
- Candles and Lighter
- You should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your party to set up and greet guests
- An adult must stay with the children throughout the party